Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Growing From Seed







A lesson in patience. I planted some of these seeds 6 months ago - lavender, alpine strawberries and chamomile - the first picture is what I started with and here's what they look like now. I also have some pumpkin and charmine melon starts, from the B.A.S.I.L seed exchange. Last, there's a nice avocado tree that came right up from a pit my roommate put in some soil. I plan to save seeds from as much as possible, to give to others and for another season of great gardening.

2 comments:

  1. 1. This is awesome!
    2. Do you have any advice for growing Lavender? I think I've killed mine with kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the first time I grew lavender. You might see that it is only about an inch tall after 6 months! I've just given it good sun and put in some worm fertilizer every month or so. I water about once a week now and it seems fine. I wish I had better advice, but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete