Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Re-Use: Peet's Coffee





I work at the original Peet's - a fun place with lots of great employees and neighborhood customers. They have lots of opportunities for REUSE and I've taken on a few projects. I made these hanging pots from old tea tins and some materials from Urban Ore - VERY CHEAP. I took cuttings from the prolific and everlasting Wandering Jew and Bolivian Jew plants, rooted them for a couple weeks in water, and planted them in a basic planting mix soil. A nice gift for my fellow employees!
Also, I had an opportunity to visit the Peet's Roasting Plant in Alameda and scored a car-full of old burlap coffee bags - gardening gold. So far I've given them to Villa Sobrante, for their amazing natural building projects, and used them to line my strawberry planter box bed. They could also be used beneath earth based natural plasters, to bind the plaster to the surface better, and as natural weed suppressants. Any other ideas? Some of them are pretty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment